Centec to Unveil GoldenGate Terabit Switch Reference Design at Open Networking Summit
Also Will Demonstrate Key SDN and Network Virtualization Innovations and Showcase Its Contributions to Open Networking Foundation’s New Atrium SDN Software Offering
- New reference design based on Centec’s GoldenGate terabit switch speeds time to market for solutions that will help fuel the move from 1GE to 10GE, 40GE and 100GE networking.
- Company will conduct live demonstrations of key innovations that accelerate real-time SDN decision-making for an improved user experience.
- Centec also to be featured in the conference’s SDN Solutions Showcase alongside other contributors to Open Networking Foundation’s new Atrium software aimed at speeding SDN adoption.
SUZHOU, JIANG SU PROVINCE, CHINA, June 10, 2015 – Centec Networks, a leading innovator of SDN switching silicon and whitebox solutions, today announced it will be unveiling a reference design for its fourth-generation GoldenGate terabit switch silicon at the Open Networking Summit, June 15-18, 2015, in Santa Clara, Calif. The company also will conduct live demonstrations of key GoldenGate innovations that help solve SDN’s biggest real-time decision-making challenges, and will showcase its role in developing a new open-source software distribution that the Open Networking Foundation (ONF) recently unveiled and will be highlighting at the conference.
Centec will demonstrate its new GoldenGate 580 Series reference design and other SDN solutions in Booth #503 at the Santa Clara Convention Center, and will also be in the conference’s SDN Solutions Showcase alongside other joint developers of the ONF Atrium open SDN software package. Demonstrations include:
- GoldenGate 580 Series reference design: The high-density 10G/40GE platform with native 100GE (4x25G SerDes) uplinks supports multiple form factors and includes Centec’s Open Switch Platform (OSP) reference software for Data Center SDN/Openflow and enterprise applications. In addition to speeding time to market for OEM and ODM customers, the reference design will provide the foundation for Centec’s planned GoldenGate whitebox solution. Centec is the only supplier with the necessary system-level expertise to offer an SDN portfolio that ranges from switching silicon to complete whitebox solutions that have been proven in deployments with large telecommunications operators worldwide.
- Centec’s contribution to ONF’s Atrium 2015/A open SDN software distribution: Centec is one of only two chip vendors contributing to the ONF Atrium Project, a fully virtualized Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) Peering Router solution. Centec has developed a driver for implementing Centec silicon-based Table Typing Pattern (TTP) in the Open Network Operating System (ONOS). Centec will demonstrate Atrium on its proven V350 whitebox switch, and plans to implement it with a forthcoming GoldenGate-based whitebox solution, as well.
- SDN and network virtualization demonstrations: Centec will demonstrate the superior monitoring, visibility and distributed routing capabilities of the GoldenGate switch’s hardware and software, which tackle cloud challenges on five key levels: application-centric flow completion time; support for versatile network virtualization cases; flow-level visibility and control; fault protection; and trouble-shooting, monitoring and analytics.
The GoldenGate reference design is available now.
Centec’s Goldengate device is a 1.2 terabit-per-second (Tbps) solution that extends the company’s TransWarp™ product line to meet the cost, power and deployment requirements for moving from 1GE to 10GE, 40GE and 100GE networking. Optimized to improve real-time SDN decision-making and the resulting user experience, it is also the first terabit switching chip ideally configured with field-proven carrier-class features required for metro Ethernet and packet transport applications. GoldenGate includes all required advanced Service Level Agreement (SLA) tools, support for Multiprotocol Label Switching-Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) with an on-chip Operations, Administration and Maintenance (OAM) engine, and synchronous Ethernet (SyncE) and IEEE1588 timing protocols.
Centec Networks provides innovative switching silicon and whitebox solutions that improve SDN deployment while empowering it for carrier, enterprise and data center networks. Leveraging a high-performance open SDN architecture, Centec enables seamless migration from the traditional L2, L3 and MPLS/MPLS-TP architecture to the new SDN era while solving some of SDN’s biggest challenges. Centec and its customers are redefining the future of network switching.
For more details, please visit the Centec website at http://www.centecnetworks.com
Author: Published at:2015/6/9 18:00:00